For some, the source of our anxiety is clear. For others, it strikes with no warning. But the common denominator behind all forms of anxiety is fear. While the concept may sound simple, the process of identifying the thoughts and beliefs that fuel the fear, addressing the somatic symptoms that subsequently arise, analyzing the avoidant behaviors that give us a false sense of “safety” while tightening anxiety’s grip, and understanding how to regain control of what feels like an involuntary tidal wave of terror is a little more complex.
If you frequently experience ….
- Constant feelings of dread
- A pounding heart, the racing heightened by the slightest triggers
- Anticipating the worst, regardless of evidence
- Physical symptoms like headaches, sweating, shakes and jumpiness, trouble concentrating, exhaustion, nausea or dizziness
Or if you often think ….
- “It’s safer to stay at home.”
- “But what if…”
- “I can’t breath / do this / relax / stop / switch off!”
- “I just can't stop worrying”
…. take the first step in regaining control and consider calling today. Conquering your anxiety may be complex, but it can absolutely be done.